Family can be found anywhere and anytime

Lemme throw back to 2015. One of the reasons I chose Bulgaria as a country to do Internship in 2017. Exactly in the summer of 2015, but Indonesia has summer all the time right?  Haha well okay,  I will still say "summer long holiday". You got it?  In sub-tropical countries, they have summer holiday which begins usually around June-August. Yepp,  in July 2015, a friend of mine from high school, Titi suddenly offered me to be a host family for a volunteer of AIESEC. Well, my house location is very close to the city center haha That time, all on my mind was "will she/he be willing to stay in my little simple house? ". So I told Titi about the real condition of my house and my parents were excited too to welcome a new member family (as other Indonesians, we were so excited to welcome bule_indonesian word for foreigner_ in our house).

Few days later, Titi came home with her family and The Bule. FYI, the student exchange was staying at Titi's house before,  but it was too far from the city center so Titi offered me. For the very first time,  there was a bule came to my house,  you can imagine how excited we were hahah as I seldom talked in english, my mouth was like in trouble haha the bule was very friendly, the very first impression we got was that she wasn't clumsy with us,  but we were hahha

Anyway isn't it so weird that I keep writing bule?  Hahha well,  her name is Deni. Hey, Deni isn't a man like Indonesian name hihih her name actually is Denitsa. She's from Bulgaria. What?  Bulgaria? "I haven't heard about that country before! ", that was on my mind few days before she came home hahah I got no idea about where Bulgaria is, what the country looks like,  etc.

She stayed at my house for around a month,  the end of July till the end of August.  We spent a lot of time together,  and the thing I still miss until today is,  we always shared about anything at the evening before sleeping hahha okay,  if you are wondering about my story of a month being a host family, I will share here later 😜

So,  that was the beginning I know about a country called Bulgaria. I was so excited to know more about her country.  And I finally chose Bulgaria to do internship. Beside, when she was in my home, I felt like I have an older sister (I always wanted to have an older sister but unfortunately I'm the oldest 🤣). I loved the international environment in my house that time.  A month staying at my house, she was like a part of our family, even my mom also felt the missing after she left hahah so that time, I wanted to meet my sister from different mother again,  so I chose Bulgaria. But on the other hand, wasn't it great to go abroad where you know the locals? I got much more Info about Bulgaria before I went there from Deni, Radi,Stan, Iva.  Who else Radi, Stan amd Iva?  😅

Ups yaa,  I still have long story about them, but I will just give you the highlight at the moment 😃 they are friends of Deni and they were also my reason chosing Bulgaria ahahha they visited my house and we met during their trip and stay in Indonesia in 2016. Wasn't it great?  I met more bulgarian through Deni,  that's why I really wanted to visit their country.  I wanted to meet them again. They thought me how to be more open minded person and inspired me, a lot! Having a kind hearted friends makes you wanna meet them again,  isn't it?


Dinner time with Deni and My Family 💓


Hanging out around Kota Gede with Radi and Stan 💓


Iva and Mama Visiting our home 💓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ketangkep Petugas Mumbai Suburban Railway (Kereta Api) di Mumbai

Ubud Surganya Bule eh Bali Maksudnya

Keseruan Rafting di Ubud Bersama Para Bule dan Menjadi Minoritas